Looking for the best dog trackers UK? Then you’ve come in the right place. Undoubtedly, dog GPS trackers are increasingly becoming popular among most dog owners, especially those who fear most losing their best friend.
In this comparison review, we have detailed top 5 best dog trackers UK which are available on the market. We have also prepared a comparison table to help you make an informed decision on the best GPS dog tracker.
Best Dog Trackers UK – Our Reviews;
So without further delay, let’s dig deeper into the best dog trackers! In no particular order we review our top 5 best dog trackers in the UK;
1. FitBark 2 (Editor’s Pick)
The FitBark 2 is one of the best dog trackers available on the market these days. It allows you to monitor the daily activity of your dog. In addition to the tracking daily activity, you can also track your dog’s sleep quality, calories burned, distance covered, and overall fitness and health. Not to mention you can also monitor your dog’s anxiety and stress levels, and how he/she is doing when alone or while someone else is taking care of him or her.
One of the main attractions of this dog tracker is that it is incredibly lightweight and can be attached to a collar of any size. Additionally, the FitBark 2 features an outstanding battery life of up to 6 months, depending on usage. This means you don’t have to worry about recharging the gadget now and then.
With the FitBark 2, you can also monitor itchiness and development of skin diseases such as infectious dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, hot spots, and even flea allergies. The FitBark 2 is incredibly straightforward to use and very convenient. The gadget fits dogs of any size and can fit collars up to 38mm (1.5-inch) wide. Furthermore, the device is rugged and waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged by water.
- Suitable for tracking your dog’s health and activity.
- It is effortless to use.
- It has long-lasting battery life.
- The tracker is excellent quality and water-resistant.
- The FitBark 2 app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- It is relatively expensive compared to other dog GPS trackers on the market.
2. Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs
The Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs is one of our top pick pet trackers available on the market today. This gadget has been uniquely designed to offer you peace of mind when it comes to knowing the whereabouts of your dog or cat – all the time.
This dog walking location tracker works in more than 150 countries globally. This means you can carry and use this dog GPS tracker with you whenever you’re travelling with your dog. Furthermore, this gadget depends on GPS and GSM signal – however, tall buildings or forest may affect the accuracy of your tractive GPS tracker.
Besides that, you can operate your gadget in real-time or live tracking through your smartphone app. It allows to view a complete location history of your dog or cat and know the exact location of your pet. With the Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs, you will always know where your little buddy is. The impressive thing with this tracker is that its location is updated after every three-seconds and displayed on the map in the mobile app or on the internet.
The Tractive Virtual Fence allows you to create an invisible dog fence which serves as the safe zone. When your pet steps out of the safe zone, you’ll be alerted immediately by a free SMS on your smartphone from Tractive. Overall, the Tractive GPS Pet Tracker is worth every penny!
- The tracker is water-resistant and incredibly lightweight.
- It has an integrated LED lighting on the device which allows you to find your dog even during the night.
- It has an outstanding battery life, which can last up to 2-5 days.
- The battery takes less time to recharge fully – less than 2 hours.
- The Tractive GPS Tracker is recommended for pets above 9 pounds (4.5kg).
- It can be quickly and safely attached to the collar.
- You need to subscribe a monthly fee in order to use this gadget.
- The battery drains faster when using live tracking mode.
3. PitPat 2 – Dog Activity Monitor
The PitPat 2 is the simplest dog GPS tracker on our comprehensive list of best dog trackers UK. It is pretty straightforward to use and takes just a few minutes to set up. Some individuals claim that the PitPat 2 works similarly just like the human FitBit. The PitPat 2 app is free to download from the Android store or iTunes and can support several PitPat devices for different dog households.
Using the mobile app, you can measure how much activity your dog is doing, including how much running, walking, playing, and resting your dog does, the distance travelled and how many calories burned throughout the day. Furthermore, the mobile app also allows you to set goals, track your dog’s progress towards those goals, and earn rewards. You can also share your dog’s exercise statistics with trainers, vets, and friends.
Another impressive thing about the PitPat 2 is that you can create a unique doggy profile via the mobile app. When setting up the profile, you can identify what type of dog you’ve, the name, the DOB or birthday, weight, and other relevant info, and can even add a photo. Each time you want to track your dog-walking, you merely press the paw icon on the tracker and sync it with the app on your mobile phone, via Bluetooth.
The tracker is remarkably small and fits on the collar easily with Velcro. It is also pretty easy to remove it when you want to wash the collar. The PitPat 2 features an ultra-long battery life which lasts up to 12 months without recharging.
- It enables you to monitor your dog’s activity.
- The PitPat app is extremely easy to use and set up.
- There are no subscription fees required.
- The battery life can last up to 12 months.
- The tracker is incredibly lightweight and compact.
- It is water-resistant.
- The app can sync with multiple devices to one device.
- No GPS tracking.
- No detailed sleep tracking or distances recorded.
4. PetTouchID Smart ID Tag
You will find there are so many doggy techs across the UK and PetTouchID Smart ID Tag is one most affordable and best dog trackers UK available on the market. At first glance, they look just like regular dog tags compared to their competitors, plus they are unbelievably inexpensive. So, if you are not looking forward to investing a fortune in smart ID tag for your dog, then the PetTouchID Smart ID Tag can be a great investment to make.
One of the main attractions of PetTouchID Smart ID Tag is that it comes in a wide assortment of smart designs and colours to choose from. So, there is always a perfect match for your dog. This smart-connected pet ID tag is highly more effective when it comes to finding your lost pet sooner than the traditional tags.
Furthermore, these modern pet identity tags allow you to access your dog’s information from your smartphone by scanning the QR code on the tag or using the contactless NFC tap (make sure that you have an NFC-enabled phone). When the unique code on the tap tag is scanned on a smartphone, it utilises the device’s GPS to send you the location of your mobile phone and that of your pet.
One of the primary drawbacks of PetTouchID Smart ID Tag is that there is no mobile app. This means anyone with a smartphone can scan the QR code or contactless NFRC tap tag and send the GPS location.
- The tag is incredibly affordable.
- There is no app required.
- There are no subscription costs.
- The app offers unlimited pet information.
- You will get notifications via emails or SMS when anyone scans the tag.
- It allows real-time tracking.
- The tag is excellent quality and robust.
- There is a free online pet profile webpage.
- The tag is a bit heavy for very small dogs.
- You need to scan the tag to get the GPS location.
5. The Futureway Mini GPS Pet Tracker for Dogs
The Futureway Mini GPS Pet Tracker for Dogs is one of the best dog trackers UK available in the market these days. This gadget features an IP67 waterproof rating, which allows your pets to play on the water as they want. The tracker is ultra-lightweight and very small, so your pets will not feel uncomfortable while wearing it. Also, you will receive an alert on the mobile app if the device is running low on battery. The battery life can last up to 5 days.
In addition, it works based on the existing GSM GPRS network as well as GPS satellites. The device can monitor and locate any remote target using internet or SMS. However, to use the Futureway Pet tracker, you need to purchase a micro sim card without a pin code and supports 2G, can send and receive SMS, and can have access to the internet.
The Futureway Pet Tracker allows you to keep an eye on your dog or cat at all times. Additionally, the GPS collar is connected to a smartphone via the mobile app and offers a location without any distance limited. Not to mention that it needs less or no maintenance since there are no service costs required. However, the positioning accuracy can be affected by the SIM card signal, weather condition, or when used indoors. The LCS accuracy is about 500-1000 meters.
- It utilises advanced GPS technology.
- The battery life can last up to 5 days on standby mode.
- It is rugged and water-resistant, so your pets can go with you swimming.
- You can monitor multiple pets on one account.
- You can monitor your dog or cat location in real-time.
- There is no subscription fee required.
- It is suitable for both dogs and cats.
- It is expensive, unlike other dog GPS trackers.
A Comparison Table: Best Dog Trackers UK
Our Conclusion for the Best Dog Trackers UK
Each dog tracker has its advantages and disadvantages; you can use this article review to make an informed decision.
Our pick is the Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs. This tracker is our overall favourite and is the best-rated tracker on the market due to its accuracy, durability, and real-time tracking capabilities. It comes with an app which allows you to monitor your dog’s movement from your smartphone and also its activity levels. Even though there are monthly subscriptions, the Tractive GPS Tracker is worth the value.
We hope that you have enjoyed this article on our best dog trackers UK.
CLICK HERE to view more blog posts.